Sunday, April 11, 2010

Yard Sales!!!

So I've been hittin up yards sales lately and have found so many nice great quality items. Mainly I get things for my boys that I really want for them but just can't afford to go out and buy it all. Anyhow my community had its annual community yard sale and approximetly 30 families participated.Us along with my brother Bruce participated and had some good success. Crystle, Bruce's wife, and I decided to go check out the neighborhood sales and I came accross something that I have really been wanting and needing for the past few months now, a double stroller. The girl was asking $75 it was really nice converts any baby car seat; the front seat can face in or out. I knew my husband would say, "hmmm are you sure, that's a lot" and I was right he said that, which I understand because $75 is a lot for us right now but to go by a new double stroller you'd pay around $150 at least, so I was bummed. He said to go offer her $25 and I was like k that's sad she's gonna be offended and there's no way she'll take that. Well the sales were coming to a close and I could see the stroller was still sitting there so I said what the hey I'm gonna tell her the honest truth and say what my husband would let me spend and so I did and she said OK!!!! I was so fricken excited. I'm so glad I waited because it's an awesome stroller.

1 comment:

  1. No joke, but we had that exact same stroller! I sold it on Craigslist for $150 but it is a great stroller! Jake called it "The Beast" cause I had to get it in and out of our truck but I loved it.

    ReplyDelete